Thursday, January 3, 2013

I think it's a hunk of burning love

Breaking news!

And I wager the lovely and talented Sandy Riesgraf would be able to verbalize that with three exclamation points, capital letters, italics, bold, a special font, and do it without breaking a sweat. She might glow a little, but doesn't everyone from Fox News do that a little; even if it is just a little ring above their head?

The Jordon School District has recinded their recinding of permission for the theater students of Herriman High School to perform the musical "All Shook Up".

All they have to do is drop one song that has been "deemed too risqué for community standards".

I'm sure that the pressure the Jordon School District felt as a result of my blogging on the issue was the straw that broke the camel's back.  At least I'm sure that if they had read it, or been told about my writing, or maybe knew someone who knew a guy that knew about what I had written that it would have just been too much.  I feel like a revolutionary.

Viva La Revolution!

Viva Las Vegas!

The lovely and talented  Sandy Riesgraf declined to say what song the Jordon School District found to be too risqué.  Perhaps they are leaving it as a mystery so that people will flock to the high school musical to discover which song was cut.

The following is a list of the songs from the "All Shook Up" musical.  Which one do you think they cut?



• "Jailhouse Rock"
• "Heartbreak Hotel"
• "Roustabout"
• "One Night With You"
• "C'mon Everybody"
• "Follow That Dream"
• "Teddy Bear/Hound Dog"
• "That's All Right"
• "It's Now or Never"
• "Love Me Tender"
• "Blue Suede Shoes"
• "Don't Be Cruel"
• "Let Yourself Go"
• "Can't Help Falling In Love"
• "All Shook Up"
• "It Hurts Me"
• "A Little Less Conversation"
• "The Power of My Love"
• "I Don't Want To"
• "(You're the) Devil in Disguise"
• "There's Always Me"
• "If I Can Dream"
• "Can't Help Falling In Love"
• "Fools Fall in Love"
• "Burning Love"




2 comments:

manjushri924 said...

Cited you in my own piece: http://manjushri924.blogspot.com/2013/01/no-burning-love-for-jordan-utah-school.html?zx=57cab99240736e3f

adult onset atheist said...

I love your blog, and follow it for that reason. Seeing my blog cited in it is a treat. Thanks!