Saturday, December 19, 2009

Micah 1:8

Therefore I will wail and howl, I will go stripped and naked: I will make a wailing like the dragons, and mourning as the owls.
(KJB)

I've always liked this bible quote because it sounds like something said at the start of a great party.   People asure me I take it out of context.  I've read it in context and do not remember anything particularly interesting about the context.  I submit therefore that I do not take it from context; that I liberate it willingly from the confines of context.  freed thusly it speaks more of the awesomeness of life.

 I ran along the beach last week and felt like my breath, labored and raw as running makes it, was the whistling of mythical beasts.  How I would like to hear them wail and howl at the sky.  Dogs cry the moon to earth and taunt the tuneless crooner in the same voice.

I ran into several things that would make great starts for a metephorical discusion. two of them:

1) I found a dead possum.  It was laid beside the road, half under a bush.  On top of it were laid some bunches of rough yellow flowers.  Each bunch was the size a child's hand could gather.

2)  I developed a blister on my insole while running.  In order to run the next day I put a "medicated" bandaid on the blister.  The medication fused with the raw blistered skin ripping it off and leaving a oozing sore when it was removed.

Two things happened that pleased me to the point of giggles.

1) Someone uploaded an old poem of mine into wikipedia and I found it quite by accident.

2) I moved some emotional detritus from a corner of my mind and found a dear friend.

Some people say that to be an atheist is to pull yourself from the flow.  Some would demand that feelings are logic-ed away in the same breath that dispels an awkward god.

We are made of the stuff of stars and we shine.  Our lives that create love are made of the stuff and we move like massless particles.

I looked for the green flash again.  I have yet to convincingly see it.  However, in looking, I have seen things like this:



No comments: